The Ejari contract, which is a tenancy legal document, is a basic and vital part of leasing and renting properties across the UAE. In addition, the Ejari online registration process may seem to be time-consuming and a little difficult when you do it for the first time. Nowadays, it´s important to be able to make a valid tenancy contract in the UAE legitimate via the official Ejari website with little to no waste of time and effort.
In this article, you will find out everything there is to know about Ejari and the Ejari online registration process. Also, you will learn that with this registration of tenancy contracts through Ejari, everyone who deals with property management and rental, including licensed companies, companies that manage properties, landowners who manage their own properties personally, and legal representatives are able to register and issue Ejari contracts.
1. What is Ejari?
Ejari, which translates to ‘my rent’ in Arabic, starts circa 2007 by the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA). In addition, Ejari serves as a registration system for every tenancy contract that exists within Dubai. Also, Ejari guarantees that any private rental contracts comply legally with every norm and follow government guidelines in order to evade and prevent any issues that may come up between landlord and tenant and Find out here everything you need to set up your company in Dubai
Additionally, if you complete the registration process, you will be able to apply for your Dubai electricity number and water code for basic services. Similarly, once you fulfill your Ejari online registration or at one of the permitted Ejari centers, an Ejari number and special barcode will be assigned. An official Ejari contract is a rigorous requirement when applying for:
- Water and electricity (DEWA).
- Telephone, internet, or satellite connection.
- Commercial licenses.
- Residences, visas, and other legal documents.
The Ejari-appointed certificate acts as the Ejari tenancy contract evidence in Dubai. Ejari tenancy contract can be obtained and printed online from the official Ejari website whenever you require. We at Connect Services Middle East will make sure that you know everything there is to know to successfully create your Ejari online registration.
2. Who can register for Ejari online?
To register Ejari online, you need to create an account on the official Ejari website to be able to access any of the online systems. You can create an Ejari account if you are:
- A landlord and/or their representative.
- A company owner who manages properties.
- Real estate broker.
Similarly, tenants are not able to create an Ejari account on the website but as a second option, they can create an Ejari online registration via the Dubai REST app. In addition, all tenants can check with a real estate agent who already has an Ejari account, and therefore, carry out the process on their behalf and Click here and pick the best free zone to start your company
If there are any doubts on how to properly create an Ejari online registration, you can reach Connect Services Middle East to guide you and help you decide. Understanding your individual requirements is what we do; we will make sure that you always make the right choice and get the right information.
3. What are the requirements for Ejari online registration?
For the Ejari online registration, the applicant must comply with a number of requirements like sharing his identity and personal contact information as well as uploading several mandatory documents in the Ejari system and also Learn here every tip to launch a low-cost company in the UAE
To start you need to include the applicant´s full name, also phone number, and personal email address.
Applicants must edit, sign, and upload a Responsibility statement of precise tenancy contract details. Therefore, the applicant takes full responsibility for the exactitude of the documents and the information delivered thru the registration process. Similarly, applicants are able to edit the consenting document virtually or by hand. You also have to add a valid signature.
This will include the tenant’s personal phone number and email address.
Also, you´ll have to specify whether you are a personal or commercial tenant. Therefore, grounded on this selection, the set of documents an applicant must submit varies.
Individual tenants must upload their passport, a UAE Visa, and Emirates ID. None of the mentioned before applies if tenants are UAE or GCC nationals. For the tenants, an Emirates ID is strictly mandatory. In case the tenant is a company, an Emirates ID, as well as a Trade License, will be enough for identification purposes.
- Tenant’s Passport: it will always be required unless the tenant is a UAE or GCC national. The passport must be valid. You won´t be able to complete the Ejari registration with a passport that has expired. In addition, the passport image that you submit must show your photo and the details of your personal information.
- Tenant’s UAE Visa: Mandatory as well, unless the tenant is a UAE or GCC national. Tenants must have a valid UAE visa, which comes as a pink sticker on a passport. Similarly, the visa permit must be valid and not expire when you are applying for the Ejari registration. Under no circumstances you will be able to successfully complete the Ejari registration with a visa that has expired.
- Tenant’s Emirates ID: you will always have to include this document as it is mandatory. This document must not be expired, fake or forged, and must have a valid date on it. If the tenant has an invalid Emirates ID, the Ejari application will be rejected immediately. In addition, by providing a fake ID or simply not meeting this requirement you will be banned from any future registration.
- Trade License: a trade license in the UAE is a legal document issued by any regional authority in the country. A trade license gives the company authorization to exact trades or businesses complying with the legal norms of the area in which the permit is valid. You need to make sure that the trade license has a valid date on it.
Learn step by step how to obtain an E-commerce license in Dubai
- Emirates ID of the company manager: usually a company manager is a figure with or without shares in the company or that is hired by the company. Therefore, being responsible and legally binding to sign any document and represent the company with other businesses and individuals. You need to make sure that the ID of the company manager has a valid date on it.
4. How to register online for Ejari?
Usually, the Ejari online registration and associated fees to the process are the entire responsibility of the landlord or a real estate manager who wishes to register the Ejari tenancy contract through the Ejari website, the process is quite easy and simple. All you have to do is:
- Visit the official Ejari website.
- Create an Ejari account.
- Upload the documents required for Ejari.
- Pay the Ejari fees.
- Submit application.
Click here and read about the benefits of hiring a professional company in Dubai
Similarly, the waiting time for the registration shouldn´t take longer than 48 hours on a working week. Sometimes it can take as little as 24 hours on working days. In addition, the documents you will receive will contain three important things:
- Ejari tenancy contract with your assigned Ejari number.
- Ejari registration certificate that also acts as a contract attestation.
- Fee payment receipt, bill, or voucher.
Ejari Registration on Dubai REST App
We already mentioned that tenants cannot register Ejari online through the website. Therefore, their only option, for now, is to register their Ejari contract on their own using the Dubai REST app. This app provides Dubai citizens to access a number of real estate services, including Ejari registration on the Dubai REST application.
To properly register Ejari online through the app, tenants need to:
- Download the Dubai REST application from their selected play store.
- Open the ‘Services’ tab and select ‘RERA’.
- Go to the ‘Register Ejari Contract’ option.
- Fill out the necessary application.
- Attach the required documents and submit the forms.
Here you can learn how to calculate rent for commercial property
Similarly, after the authorization is complete, the app will request the payment of the Ejari registration fee. In addition, the Ejari contract will be immediately available through the REST application.
As of December 2021, the fee to be able to register Ejari through the app is AED 170, including a VAT of 5% additional charge.
5. Benefits of Ejari online registration
Ejari online registration has a number of critical benefits, which include but are not limited to:
- EJARI online registration provides all the information of all the properties that are up for rent in Dubai.
- All prices and monthly rates must comply with the contract and no variations due to inflation or any other external factor. Therefore, there won´t be reason enough to modify the clauses of the agreement contract.
- Rent voucher will comply with government laws and standards whenever you use Ejari to create a binding contract to rent a commercial or non-commercial property.
- Given the case, Ejari contracts can help solve any type of dispute between tenant and landlord.
- Ejari helps control the costs of rental services by keeping a record of registered properties.
- It also serves as a guide for people to understand the market and real implications of the real estate industry.
- All interactions between tenants and landlords are registered with RERA.
- By registering online or through the app, local governments make sure that applicants comply with every norm and step to successfully submit an Ejari contract.
6. Things to remember before making your Ejari online registration
In order to prevent any deferrals, make sure to proofread every single document before submitting it to the registration process. Also, beware of misspells, although very rare still exist and can delay the registration.
To avoid any delays you should be aware of the following aspects:
- All the names mentioned in the Lease Agreement are tallied with the names that appear on the DEWA bills and the tenant’s passport or Emirates ID.
- The name of the landlord that is on the contract is compared to the name of the landlord on the Title Deeds.
- The end of the lease, as well as monthly rates and ways of payments, need to be listed specifically on the document.
- The written contract needs to specify the number of rooms that are up for rent and if there is any security deposit pendent for payment.
- You need to make sure that you have a valid lease that is not expired.
- The DEWA “Prefix” on the DEWA bill is compared closely with the Dubai plot number “Prefix”.
7. How can Connect Middle East help you?
Connect Middle East is a renowned company for any business and service hubs in the UAE that exclusively caters to world-class personalized solutions to Mainland, free zone, and offshore businesses. In addition to complying with industry and customer requirements, we in Connect Middle East also make sure you get a satisfactory experience while we provide support around the clock.
Similarly, in Connect Middle East we provide business advice as well as outstanding corporate services. With our excellent service and many years of experience under our belts, we have the tools you need to make your company grow.
Would you like to contact Connect Middle East? You can call at 00 971 433 16 688 or send an email to email@example.com, and you’ll talk to one of our representatives that will gladly answer all of your questions. Contact us for enquiry regarding Company Formation in Dubai | PRO Services in Dubai | Business Setup in Dubai