Business setup in Umm Al Quwain Free zone
The Umm Al Quwain Free Zone (UAQFTZ) has a strategic location at the west coast of the UAE, at just 45 km from Dubai and near to the Dubai International Airport. Startups, entrepreneurs and large corporations find in UAQFTZ the perfect place to conduct businesses since it offers outstanding initiatives for business owners.
UAQFTZ is well-known for its desert landscape and for being a popular tourist destination due to its flora and fauna. But, it also offers a great connection to international markets and businesses located in the MENA region. For this reason, the Company Formation in Umm Al Quwain Freezone has been a highly requested process for foreign investors.
Forming a company in Umm Al Quwain
Umm Al Quwain offers a low cost of living along with a sound economy that attracts investment and business opportunities, so if you’re considering start your Business in Umm Al Quwain Freezone you just have to follow a few simple steps.
First, you should select the business license that is suitable for your company as well as the type of business entity. Then, you must choose the physical space for your business. Make sure to gather the required documentation to legalize and attest it. After that, you submit the documents along with the filled in application form. Lastly, you must make the required payments and then you can collect your business license.
Here’s the document you’ll need to incorporate a company in Umm Al Quwain:
- Application form
- Color copy of each shareholders’ passport and manager’s passport
- Proof of address for each shareholder
- MOA and AOA
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Board Resolution
Umm Al Quwain Business Activities
Due to the Umm Al Quwain free zone location, businesses across all industries want to establish their operations in this place to receive the excellent benefits this place has to offer.
The most popular business activities are the following:
- Food and beverage production
- Pharmaceutical industry
- HR services
- Content writers
- Event planning
- Accounting services
- Textile trading
- IT Services
- Tourism activities
- Investment consultancy
Business Licenses for Umm Al Quwain
To carry out your operation in Umm Al Quwain you must select a valid business license. The Umm Al Quwain Freezone Company Setup requires you to determine the business activity as the first step.
Many businesses may have Umm Al Quwain trade license inquiry, so in this case, here we have the list of business licenses available in this Free Zone:
- Commercial License: with this type of license you can engage on import, export, storage and distribution of goods according to the specifications on the license issued.
- Industrial License: the Industrial License is aimed to businesses that want to carry out industrial-related activities such as assembling, manufacturing, import of raw materials and more. In addition, it allows the business to export the finished products.
- Consultancy License: with the Consultancy License, the company can carry out consultancy services and offer professional advice to its clients. With this license, the business can carry out two similar business activities.
- General Trading License: the General Trading License allows the business to engage in more trading activities than the Commercial License since it gives more freedom and flexibility to trade a large number of products.
- Service License: with this type of license, the company can provide services to its clients according to what’s allowed by the Free Zone Authority. Some of these services may be insurance, courier, logistics, and more.
- Freelance Permit: Freelancers in Umm Al Quwain can opt for a permit that allows them to use his or her name as brand name. Professionals that work in the media, technology, film and other sectors can apply for this license.
- Micro Business License: startups and small businesses that don’t have many resources can opt for this type of license since it’s not required to have a physical space.
- Premium Consultancy License: the difference between the Premium Consultancy License and Consultancy License is that the former allows to carry out what’s considered as “special” consultancy services such as engineering, financial, shipping and more.
Benefits of doing business in Umm Al Quwain
- 0% corporate and personal income tax
- Full foreign ownership for the company
- Total repatriation of capital and profits
- Tax exemption on import and export in the Free Zone
- No restrictions on currency
- Many business activities to choose from
- No restrictions on foreign recruitment
- Easy and simple registration process
- Low-cost set up process
- Hassle-free regulations
- Investor-friendly laws and outstanding business environment
- Innovative facilities
- Access to main sea ports and the international airport
Business entities in Umm Al Quwain
The legal structures available for Business Setup in Umm Al Quwain Freezone are the following:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE): an FZE can be incorporated with a single shareholder and it’s ideal for small businesses.
- Free Zone Company (FZC): an FZC can be established with 2 shareholders and a maximum of 50 shareholders.
- Branch of a Company: an existing UAE-based or overseas company can establish a branch in UAQFTZ to carry out their operations.
Umm Al Quwain License costs
Here we have the Umm Al Quwain free zone license cost:
- Registration fee: AED 2,000 (one-time payment)
- Commercial license fee: AED 2,500
- Office rent (premium): starts from AED 16,000
- Consultancy license fee: AED 2,500
- Premium Consultancy License fee: AED 14,500
- Micro Business License Fee: AED 9,500
- Freelancer License fee: AED 2,500
- Additional visa cost: AED 2,500
Umm Al Quwain Innovative Facilities
In UAQFTZ you can find several options for renting a physical space for your business. You can rent offices, executive offices, land and even an Umm Al Quwain free zone warehouse to conduct your operations from this place.
You can opt for a premium office space that includes a meeting room and many amenities. Or, you can opt for a flexi-desk which is a cost-effective option. In case you’re planning on carrying out light industrial activities you can rent a warehouse or a plot of land among the variety of options available in Umm Al Quwain.