The UAE visa contains so much important information that you should know. In this regard, you must be aware of how to find information such as the unified number UAE. This number is crucial for your Emirates ID application. Therefore, you should know what it is and how to find it. Moreover, you should understand what information your visa document has about you. In addition to your visa number, you also have other identifying numbers related to your stay in the Emirates.
In this article, you will learn more about the unified number UAE and how to find it. Furthermore, you will understand how a third party can assist you with your immigration needs. According to the UAE Authority, each year they issue an average of 8 million visas to expatriates. This is because the UAE is a highly attractive destination for investors, entrepreneurs, and professionals. For this reason, the immigration processes in the Emirates are streamlined and uniform. This allows them to have better control over the immigrants. Let us observe:
- What exactly is unified number UAE?
- Where to find the unified number UAE in Visa?
- How to check UID Online?
- Why unified number UAE is so important?
- Hidden Information under your VISA UAE Number
- What are the bnefits of unified number UAE?
- Do person have many UID Number?
- How Connect Middle East will Help you?
1. What exactly is unified number UAE?
If you want to enter the UAE, you must determine under which type of visa you fall. For example, if you want to just travel and explore the Emirates, you have to apply for a tourist visa.
On the other hand, if you want to find a job, or you have received a job offer, you can apply for an employment visa.
Regardless of your reasons for visiting the UAE, you need to apply for a visa. Once you begin the process, you will get an e-visa, also known as an entry permit. With this document, you can travel to the UAE and enter the country legally. After that, you need to continue with your process if you are applying for a residence visa.
Your UAE Residence visa gets stamped on your passport, or you get a sticker. In either case, this visa has a lot of important information about you.
One of these is the unified number UAE. Also known as UID, it is a number placed at the top of the visa. The UID number has between 9-15 digits and it is generated automatically when your visa is issued.
Thus, the UID has the following characteristics:
- It is a unique number assigned only to you
- It identifies the person as a visa holder
- This number never changes
- If you cancel your visa and apply for a new one, your UID number will continue to be the same, while your visa number will be new.
- The UID remains with the person regardless of the visa status
- This number is issued only once, thus it is permanent
As such, the UID’s primary purpose is as an identification tool. Its purpose is to differentiate every individual that has ever entered the UAE.
1.1 Who issues the unified number UAE?
The General Directory of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) is in charge of issuing visas. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) is in charge of handling the Emirates ID applications.
In this regard, since the UID is in the visa, and it is required for the Emirates ID application, these two governing bodies are involved in issuing the UID.
1.2 Is the UID the same as the visa number?
The UID number is not the same as your visa number. Your UID is the first number you see at the top of your visa. In fact, it is very well identified as “I.U.D.” in English on your visa.
Below your UID you will find your visa number. But, the visa number is part of the “file number”. Your visa number will be the 7-9 digits at the end of your file number.
It is worth noting that your visa number will change as your status does. For example, if you are under a temporary permit and you apply for a residency visa, your visa number will change.
However, your UID will remain the same regardless of your visa status.
2. Where to find the unified number UAE in Visa?
Since the unified number UAE is in your visa, you have to check your document to find it. However, we understand that a UAE visa may be new to you and that perhaps you do not know how to find the information.
Moreover, your UAE visa has several codes, numbers, and information, thus it may be confusing. The UID number should be right above the “file number” on your visa. Right at the top right of your document.
If you cannot find it, or if it is not there, you may check online or request it using the proper means.
2.1 How to obtain a UID?
If you checked your visa and did not see your IUD number, or if you checked online and you could not find it, then you have to request additional support.
You could check the GDRFA website and use a direct enquiry form. Or, if you want a faster response, you can make a phone call to a toll-free number or an international phone number
You also have another option. Go to a GDRFA office and request help. To do this you can go to Al Jaffliya in Dubai to the GDRFA headquarters.
3. How to check UID Online?
If you do not have time to check your visa, or perhaps you want to do a quick search, you can look for your UID number online.
You just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to the GDRFA official website
- Under the service area, click on “Find my Unified Number”
- Enter your information such as nationality, passport number, and any other required
- Click submit
After that, you will see your unified number UAE.
4. Why unified number UAE is so important?
The unified number UAE is very important. As an expatriate, you need to be aware of all the information you need so you do not have any immigration issues.
Thus, it is important to know that your UID is not the same as your visa number. Your UID is unique to you, and it has important information about your immigration status, nature of visit or intention to stay in the Emirates.
Your UID number has several sections, and each one has its own significance. Let’s observe:
- First 3 digits: refer to the Emirate where your visa was issued. For example, if you applied for your visa in Dubai, the first 3 digits of your UID would be 201.
- Next 4 digits: they state the year in which your visa was issued.
Your UID number is very important for carrying out the following applications. If you do not have it, you may not be able to request your residence visa or your Emirates ID.
Therefore, it is a crucial number for an expatriate. If you do not want to face problems with the law, you have to make sure you have your UID.
5. Hidden information under your VISA UAE Number
As you can see, your UAE Visa carries more information about you than you may know. And, there is also hidden information you should be aware of.
In addition to your unified number UAE, your UAE Visa number provides information about your work, residency, and more.
It is important to point out that below your UID number it is located your file number. This file number has a lot of information about your immigration status. Here we have the hidden information you should know:
- First three digits: refer to the Emirates that issued your visa. For Abu Dhabi is 101, for Dubai is 201, for Sharjah is 301, and for Ajman is 401.
- Next four digits: refer to the year when your visa was issued. For example, if you have an employment visa issued in 2015, and you are still working for the same sponsor, this number will not change. It will only change in case you apply for a new visa.
- Last 7-9 digits: these last digits are your UAE visa number. If at the beginning you have a code 2, it means you are under an employment visa. If it has a code 3, it means you are under a residence visa sponsored by a family member (family visa).
Below your file number, you will find more information. The 3rd line is your passport number, the fourth line is your name, and the fifth line is your profession. The sixth line is your sponsor, which is the company’s name, and below that, you will find the expiration date of your visa. Lastly, you can see a barcode for an e-scan at the bottom.
6. What are the benefits of unified number UAE?
Every piece of information contained on your visa is important. As such, the unified number UAE can provide many benefits for its holder. By knowing how to find this number on your visa you will be able to do the following:
- Go on with your resident visa application
- Carry out the Emirates ID application
- Have an identification number on the UAE immigration system
7. Do Person have many UID Number?
As mentioned before, the unified number UAE is issued only once. If the individual comes to the UAE as a tourist or resident, he or she will get the UID number a single time.
Therefore, a person should not have many UID numbers. However, since it is a number assigned by a system, in very rare cases a single person may get two or more IUD numbers.
This is a crucial mistake since it can affect other processes. Thus, a person may have trouble with immigration records. In this regard, it is important to solve this matter. But, you have nothing to worry about, since you can solve this matter easily.
You can merge your multiple IUD numbers. This will eliminate other additional records you may have with immigration.
To do this, you just have to follow the next steps:
- Visit an immigration office or the GDRFA official website
- Make sure to bring your essential documents such as your entry visa, passport, and others.
- Request for the merging of your IUD numbers
8. How Connect Middle East will Help you?
Here at Connect Middle East, we want to help you solve your immigration needs. From applying for your visa to changing your status, we can be your support. You will not have to go through the hassle of immigration procedures. We can carry out everything on your behalf.
And, if you want to start your company in the UAE, we have the best consultants that can help you with everything you want. Moreover, with our vast range of packages, you can select the option that better suits your budget.
Furthermore, we offer outstanding business solutions to companies that want to thrive in the UAE:
- PRO Services
- Smart Offices
- Freelance Visa
- HR outsourcing
- Visa Services
- Corporate Sponsorship Services
- Banking Services
- Business Centers
Do you need assistance with your unified number UAE? Feel free to contact us at +971 43 316 688 to talk to one of our representatives about your requirements. If you prefer to send us an email, please write to email@example.com. We are gladly waiting to hear from you to help you with our customized solution and hands-on approach.
On the other hand, if you want to apply for a full-time or part-time job in the UAE, you have to visit thetalentpoint.com. The Talent Point is the perfect platform where you can connect with top employers. To receive additional assistance you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your dream job awaits!