Business setup in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
The Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD), also known as KIZAD, it’s one of the most innovative Free Zones in the UAE. It’s located near the Khalifa Port, which makes it a perfect place to conduct business by using this highly developed port as a connection to international markets.
The Company Formation in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) is considered one of the most affordable among the UAE and it’s an excellent location for establishing a business. Thanks to KIZAD’s outstanding infrastructure and sea, air, road and rail connections, entrepreneurs and investors find in this place many opportunities to grow and develop their companies.
Company Formation in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
So, you can set up depending on your business objectives. It provides facilities like Land, Pre-built Warehouses and furnished Offices. An investor can register a company in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) both as a Single Shareholder company or multi- shareholder with several partners. In 2016, Khalifa Port Free Trade Zone (Khalifa Port FTZ) was introduced by Abu Dhabi Ports in response to the high demand for free sons and also to enhance the future of trade in UAE’s capital.
Now Khalifa Port FTZ is one of the booming logistics and manufacturing hubs that offers internationally acclaimed industrial facilities as part of custom built light manufacturing units and warehouses for the investors. Investors who have flexible landing leasing policies are also favoring long term investment and they aim at promoting business sustainability, so that the investors can benefit from the different custom solutions based on their business requirements. The Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) will govern and regulate the companies registered under them. KIZAD also offers its investor activities such as manufacturing, logistics, trade, and distribution. Comparatively this free zone is the most affordable one in Abu Dhabi. Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) was built to fulfil the major part of Abu Dhabi’s long-term economic vision, that is, to contribute 15% of the emirate’s non-oil GDP, by the year 2030.
Connect services Middle East supervises clients on which Free Zone best suits their business plan at every stage of initial business development, market evaluation, company formation with upscaling mechanisms as required by them.
Setup Your Company in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) with Connect Middle East. We are the experienced professional business advisors to ensure fast and efficient company formation all over in the UAE.
Forming a company in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
The Business Setup in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) is a pretty simple process, and thanks to its low cost of operations, business owners from around the world can carry out their activities here and obtain excellent results.
Incorporating a company in KIZAD can be done in just a few simple steps. First, you need to make sure you have all the documentation you need to submit. Then, you need to submit the application form along with the documents and the settlement of fund. After that, you’ll have to make the corresponding payments, and you can collect your business license.
These are the documents you’ll need:
- Passport copy for each shareholders
- Passport size photo with white background
- Business plan
- Proof of minimum share capital
- Lease agreement
Investors that want to set up their business must obtain the lease agreement before the registration. It all depends on which kind of facility they’re going to apply. If they want to apply for a plot of land they need the IPA (Industrial Project Application), and after that they can get the leasing agreement. In case the investor wants to apply for an office, warehouse or labourer accommodation, they need to submit the proposal and then get the lease agreement.
Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) Business Activities
To start your Business in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) you need to carry out an allowed business activity. In KIZAD, there is a vast list of business activities, and some of the most popular are the following:
- Trading activities
- Industrial and manufacturing activities
- Logistics activities
- Freight forwarding
- Travel agencies
Business Licenses for Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
The Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) Company Setup is pretty straightforward, but you know that you must obtain a business license to carry out your activities legally.
With a business license in KIZAD, you’re able to carry out 5 similar activities. Keep in mind that if you’re planning on obtaining Service License, you must provide a proof of education, qualification or certificate.
Here’s the list of the business licenses available in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD):
- Industrial License: with the Industrial License, the company is allowed to carry out activities such as manufacturing, packaging, assembling, processing, import of raw material, and export of finished products as well as other industrial-related activities.
- Service License: the Service License allows the company to offer professional services or carry out professional activities like consultancy, cargo, freight forwarding, marketing and more. This type of license is also aimed to businesses like restaurants, travel agencies and others.
- Trading License: with the Trading License, the company can engage in activities like import, stocking, export, distribution and warehousing of goods according to the license issued.
- General Trading License: the General Trading License allows the company to carry out the same activities as the Trading License but is only granted to businesses that work with more than 17 products or more than 3 groups of products.
Benefits of doing business in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
- No customs duties within the Free Zone for goods and services
- There’s no corporate and personal tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- Total repatriation of capital and profits
- Access to an outstanding transport network
- Low cost of leases and utilities
- Easy set up process
- Many options of industrial land
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Many possibilities for dynamic growth and business opportunities
- Pre-built facilities
Business entities in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD)
When you decide to incorporate a company in KIZAD, you must select a type of legal structure for your entity. In KIZAD, there are two types of companies that investors and business owners can incorporate.
Here we have the list of companies in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) Abu Dhabi available for investors:
- Limited Liability Company: An LLC can be formed with a single person or more, which could either be individuals, corporate or a combination of both. The minimum capital to incorporate an LLC in KIZAD is of AED 150,000.
- Branch of a Company: any company that is registered outside KIZAD, whether a UAE-based or foreign company, can establish a branch in this Free Zone. It should be registered as a branch and it should carry out the same activities as the parent corporation.
Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) License costs
Incorporating a company in this Free Zone means that you’ll have to incur in some expenses. For this reason, it’s important to know about the Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) free zone license cost.
According to investors, KIZAD is one of the Free Zones that offers the cheapest prices to establish a business. This is because it’s considered the most affordable place to carry out business in the UAE.
Here we have the details regarding expenses in KIZAD:
- License fee: starts from AED 11,000 and it includes the rent for a flexi desk. You have the option to choose more expensive packages that can include more benefits.
- Warehouses: starts from AED 350 per sq. m. per year.
Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) Innovative Facilities
In Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) free zone Abu Dhabi, investors have many options to choose from regarding facilities and physical space for their businesses. Thanks to its innovative and modern infrastructure, KIZAD is the perfect place for companies across all industries.
Here we have the facilities available in Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD):
- Warehouses: in KIZAD there is a Logistics Park from where you can choose among the variety of warehouses available. The range goes from 1,000 sq. m. up to 12,000 sq. m.
- Laborer Housing: here you can find housing options that include amenities and excellent facilities, such as Villas, Town Houses, Studios, Apartments and more.
- Business Parks: with spaces available for leasing, retail outlets, business hotels and more.