Business setup in DSO Free zone
The Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone (DSO) is known as a technology hub since it hosts several companies that work in several fields such as research, development and IT sector.
It’s one of the Free Zones in Dubai that offers a residential and business community for business owners and entrepreneurs that want to start their operations from there. For this reason, many foreign investors want to know how to carry out the Company Formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO).
Forming a company in DSO
Businesses that belong to the technology and development sectors can take advantage of the benefits that DSO has to offer. Incorporating a company in this place that offers world-class infrastructure and a strategic location for conducting business can be a wise choice.
The first step in the company formation process is choosing a physical space for your business. Then, you should carry out the trade name reservation and obtain the pre-approval for your business. The final steps are signing the lease agreement and making the payments to collect the business license.
The incorporation process is simple and the Dubai silicon oasis company setup cost is very reasonable compared to other Free Zones.
The documents you’ll need to gather to set up your business in DSO are the following;
- Application form for registering the company
- Business plan
- Letter of intent
- NOC from local sponsor (UAE resident)
- Bank share capital letter
- Passport copy for each shareholder
- Bank statement
DSO Business Activities
To start the Business Setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) you should select the business activity that you want to carry out in this place. Since DSO is a place that welcomes businesses that work in several tech and development sectors, it’s advisable that you select among the following business activities:
- Research and development
- Test and design of electronic products
- Assembly of electronic parts
It’s worth noting that the business license allows you to have up to 7 different activities. However, they should belong to the same segment, namely trading, industrial or service. Another important fact in DSO is that freelancing is not available, and some activities that can be carried out in Mainland are not allowed in this Free Zone.
Business Licenses for DSO
The Dubai silicon oasis free zone offers several types of business licenses so investors can choose the one that suits their operations better. DSO Authority offers the following licenses to business owners:
- Service License: With the Service License, the company can carry out professional activities and offer its service to their clients. The activities allowed are indicated by the DSOA. Therefore, companies that offer services such as Consultancy, accountants, lawyers and more should apply for this license.
- Industrial License: businesses that want to engage in manufacturing, assembly, processing and more industrial related activities should get the Industrial License. This also allows companies to export the finished products and obtain profit from it.
- Trading License: with the Trading License, the business can engage in commercial and trading activities such as import, export, storing and distribution of products and items described in the license issued.
Benefits of doing business in DSO
- Dubai silicon oasis companies law is friendly with foreign investment
- Foreigners can have full ownership of their company
- Total repatriation of capital and profits
- There are no quota restrictions
- Businesses don’t face restrictions with trade
- Entrepreneurs can opt for plug and play offices
- DSO offers a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure
- Customs clearance process is simple and stress-free
- The business set up process is pretty straightforward
- Its modern urban community offers a great place to make business
- DSO’s IP laws are very strict so it ensures total security
Business entities in DSO
Once the business has seen the Dubai silicon oasis activity list and selected the proper business license, it’s also important to select the best legal structure for the company. In DSO you can find the following business entities:
- Free Zone Establishment: an FZE can be incorporated with a single shareholders and its minimum capital is of AED 100,000
- Free Zone Company: an FZCO can have two or more shareholders with a maximum of 50 and the minimum capital is of AED 100,000
- Branch Company: a foreign-based or UAE-based company can establish a branch in DSO as long as it has the same trade name and it carries out the same activities as the parent corporation.
DSO License costs
An important aspect that investors must consider regarding the Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) Company Setup is the fees and expenses that they have to incur.
The costs will vary depending on the type of physical space the business chooses. In this regard, we have the following:
- Business license + work desk: the cost for this package starts from AED 30,000
- Business license + office space: the cost for this option depends on the sq. m. of the office. The License cost starts from AED 12,000 and the cost for an office of 7 sq. m. starts from AED 26,000
DSO Innovative Facilities
When you Start your Business in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) you can select among the vast range of options this place has to offer regarding business facilities. As a business owner, you must choose a physical space that allows you to carry out your activities smoothly.
In DSO you have the following options:
- Light industrial units: carry out your industrial activities efficiently from the various ready-to-use industrial units.
- Workstations: entrepreneurs and startups can choose a work desk which is a cost-effective solution.
- Plug and play offices: fully furnished offices that has excellent features for tech businesses such as high-speed internet, networks, printers, and much more.
- Office spaces: rent an office with conference rooms, meeting rooms, and fully furnished to carry out your operations.
Business owners can rent office spaces from the towers managed by DSO, which are the following:
- Headquarters buildings: rent cost will utilities
- Dubai digital park: rent offices in this outstanding tech place
- Techno Hub: rent an office that’s ready to use