Business setup in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
The Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone is one of the most strategic locations for conducting business in the UAE due to its closeness to the Khalifa Port. Companies established here can carry out their activities and gain access to local and international markets to experience a fast growth and development.
Since the Khalifa Port is located between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, companies can take advantage of its ICT systems and automated marine services to boost their operations. It offers access to more than 50 international maritime ports and 20 shipping lines that ensure outstanding trading operations.
For this reason, Company Formation in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone is becoming increasingly popular, since business owners and investors want to benefit from everything that ADPC has to offer.
Forming a company in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
The Business Setup in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone is pretty straightforward. Foreign investors and entrepreneurs just have to follow a few steps and they can get their business up and running in no time.
First, you need to fill the application and submit it to ADPC Authority along with the required documentation. The Authority will review the application and it will issue the approval. The next step is to make the required payments and after that, you can collect your business trade license.
Here’s the document you must submit to incorporate a company in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone:
- Copy of each shareholder’s passport
- Business plan
- Passport size photo with a white background
- Bank reference
- MOA and AOA
- Company application form
- Trade name options (2 or 3)
Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone Business Activities
To start your Business in Abu Dhabi Ports Company Free Zone you must select a business activity that is allowed by the Authority. Companies from across all industries can find in ADPC a great place to carry out its operations. Since ADPC is a logistics hub due to its nearness to the Kahlifa Port, investors can engage in highly lucrative activities.
Some of the most popular activities in ADPC are the following:
- Processing foods and beverages
- Alternative energy
- Information and Communication Technology
- Shipping activities
- Assembling activities
Business Licenses for Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
To carry out your operations legally in ADPC, you must have a valid business license. Depending on your chosen business activity, you’ll have to select the proper business license that suits it so you can avoid any issues.
The following types of business licenses are available in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone:
- Trading License: with the Trading License, the company is able to carry out activities such as import, export, distribution, warehousing and more trading activities as per the ADPC regulations.
- Industrial License: the Industrial License allows the business to engage in industrial activities such as manufacturing and production of goods. In addition, the company that holds this type of license can import raw material for manufacturing purposes and export the final products outside the UAE.
- Service License: with the Service License, the company can carry out professional activities and provide services like consultancy, marketing, banking and more services that are allowed by the ADPC Authority.
- National Industry License: companies that want to engage in manufacturing activities and have the same status of a local or GCC Company in the UAE can opt for this type of license.
Benefits of doing business in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
- 100% foreign ownership
- Business friendly environment
- Easy and fast business set up process
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Develop long-term relationships with local and international customers
- Access to integrated ports services
- There’s no custom duties
- Immigration regulations are easy to follow
- Access to a giant and world-class sea port
- No currency restrictions
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Hiring policies are easy and it’s allowed to hire foreign workers
Business entities in Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone
The Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone Company Setup requires you to select one of the types of legal structures available for your company.
Here we have the type of business entities that can be incorporated in ADPC:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company: you can incorporate an LLC in ADPC with individual, corporate or a combination of both types of shareholders. The minimum capital required will be determined by the type of business activity you’re going to carry out.
- Branch of a Company: an UAE-based or foreign company can establish a branch in ADPC as long as it conducts the same activities as the parent corporation. It’s also required to get the business license to carry out the operations legally in ADPC.
Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone License costs
When it comes to establishing a company in ADPC, you must make the necessary payments so you can collect your business license.
The license fee will vary depending on the type of activity you want to carry out in ADPC. For example, businesses that want to engage in Pest Control and Ship Sanitation will have to pay a license fee of AED 10,000 while businesses that want to engage in shipping agent services will have to pay AED 7,000.
Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) Free Zone Innovative Facilities
ADPC is one of the most outstanding places to conduct business in the UAE since its offers one of the largest integrated industrial zones in the world. In addition to the proximity to prominent cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and the closeness to the Khalifa Port, in ADPC you can find many options to establish your business with its innovative and modern facilities.
The various types of facilities available in ADPC are the following:
- Office solutions: investors can rent a fully furnished office in ADPC to conduct their operations from there. You can find ready-to-move-in offices, executive offices, flexible workstations and dedicated desks so you can select the best option for your business.
- Land leasing: to carry out manufacturing or industrial operations, investors can lease a plot of land to build their own facilities and carry out their preferred business activity with total comfort.
- Warehousing: for trading activities and warehousing activities, investors can select among the variety of warehouses available for leasing.
- Pre-build Light Industrial Units: self-operating and high-quality warehouses are available for investors that want to run manufacturing businesses and workshops in ADPC.